Submit your question via our contact form.
What Residents Need to Know About Monticello's Water Quality
- Monticello's water hardness is 18 to 21 grains and iron content is 0.06 to 0.16.
- Monticello has five wells.
- Wells range from 148 to 310 feet deep.
- Wells draw water from underground aquifers.
- The aquifers serving Monticello include the Quaternary Buried Artesian and Cambrian, Undifferentiated Aquifers.
- Two wells pump into the Reservoir and three wells pump directly into towers.
- Water towers are taken offline once per year for cleaning and chlorination.
- Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) requires the City to sample water 120 times per year for bacteria.
- The City is required to submit a Consumer Confidence Report each year by July 1.
Consumer Confidence Report
Read the Current Consumer Confidence Report.