Peddlers & Solicitors
Licenses for Door-to-Door Sales
Solicitors and Peddlers require a license from the city. The license is available at City Hall. There are certain exemptions for nonprofit organizations, garage sales, auctions, vendors of perishable commodities and others.
- Peddlers, Solicitors, and Transient Merchants Ordinance (PDF)
- Peddlers Permit Application (PDF)
- Background Check
The application must be submitted to City Hall with a picture ID and must complete a background check.
To prevent sale solicitations, you may place a "Peddlers and Solicitors Prohibited" sign on or near the entrance of your home.
If you experience a harassing salesperson or violation of a "Peddlers and Solicitors Prohibited" sign, please call the Wright County Sheriff's Office at 763-682-1162 immediately after the person leaves, so WCSO can respond before the solicitor/peddler moves out of the area.
All licensed solicitors/peddlers must carry a permit issued by the city. There are certain exemptions from the licensing process for non-profit and certain limited types of sales.
Businesses with Current Permits
The following businesses currently have valid permits:
- Ian Michael Gaugh - February 2023
- Bradley Kaye - February 2023
- Geneviene Kennedy - February 2023
- Jacob Smith - February 2023
- Kevin Groenjes - February 2023
- Kevin Kuern - February 2023
- Lorenzo Martinez - February 2023
- Michael Box - February 2023
- Nicholas Garcia - - February 2023
- Reid Huebner - February 2023
- William Goodin - February 2023
- Woodrow Waugh - February 2023
Renewal by Anderson
- Connor Olson - May 2023
- Harrison Audette - May 2023
- Jonathan Hamblin - May 2023
- Lyle Schoenthaler - May 2023
- Nathaniel Postell - May 2023
- Samuel Theobald - May 2023
- Tyler Kurts - May 2023