Online Building Permits
Building-related permits are now available online! The Department of Building Safety and Code enforcement is able to accept building-related permit applications HERE!
Building Permit Applications
Below are the most frequently requested building permits. Please be sure to use the application most appropriate for your project.
- Residential Addition/Alteration/Remodel/Plumbing/Mechanical (PDF)
- New Residential Construction (PDF)
- New Residential Construction - Plumbing/Mechanical (PDF)
- Manufactured Home Permit (PDF)
- Commercial/Industrial Building Permit (PDF) (includes mechanical and plumbing)
- Fire Protection Permit Application (PDF) - 20 or more heads and / or a valuation of $2,500 or more must be applied through the State Fire Marshall’s Office
- When Homeowners Act as the Contractor or Do the Work Themselves (PDF)
- Separate Administrative Permit is Required for Signs
- Any commercial or industrial change in business use, should complete the Change in Use Form (PDF)
- All electrical permits are issued through the State of Minnesota
New Residential Construction
If you are preparing an application for new residential construction, you will also need to complete Energy Code and Furnace Size Calculation Worksheet (PDF).
Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, checks and cash payments are accepted over the counter.
Credit card payments are not accepted over the phone.
Submitting a Permit
Print or complete the application form online and email it to Department of Building Safety. You may also mail or provide it in-person at City Hall.
Please note that an original signature is required to be submitted.