As stated in the Excavation Permits section, it is required that prior to any excavations in or under any street or City right-of-way, such a person ("Contractor") shall deposit with the Clerk a License Permit Bond in the amount of $15,000 in favor of the City or one and a half times the estimated cost of any excavation(s) and restoration, whichever is greater.
Certificate of Insurance
It is also required that the Contractor provide an original certificate of insurance listing the City of Monticello as "Certificate Holder." The proper insurance is as follows:
- Public Liability, $1,000,000 per each occurrence
- General Aggregate, $1,000,000
- Worker's Compensation, $100,000 (employer's liability limit)
The Contractor shall be responsible for all work connected with the excavation and any and all damages resulting from such excavation.
City Ordinances & Regulations
It is the responsibility of the Contractor to comply with City ordinances as well as the following regulations:
- Prior to making any excavation, the Contractor shall notify Gopher State One Call and Monticello Public Works of his or her intent to make an excavation giving notice of time, place, and purpose of such excavation.
- The Contractor shall have the duty of determining the location and depth of all existing underground facilities.