Our Spring Tree Sale has Begun!
Orders are due Thursday, April 27. Tree quantities are limited. Orders are filled first come, first serve. Trees cost $40/each! Trees available this year include: the State Street Maple, Honey Locust, Red Splendor Crab, and Hazen Apple. Tree pickup is Saturday, April 29 from 8-11 a.m. at the Park Barn, 303 West 6th Street. Click here to view the city catalog on CivicRec!
Order your trees today: in person at City Hall, online, or mail a check payable to the City of Monticello (505 Walnut St., Suite #1, Monticello, MN) with this order form!
Things to note about bare root trees prior to planting:
- Call before you dig!
- To prevent the tree from breaking its dormancy, you must keep it cool (ideally between 30 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Keep your bare root tree moist in a bucket of water or the damp roots wrapped in a plastic bag.
- Store the trees in your unheated garage or against the north side of your house.
- Just before planting, inspect the roots and cut off any that are dead or broken.
- If the roots feel dried out at all, submerge them in water for a couple of hours before planting.
- Keep the roots in a bucket of water or wrapped in moist burlap until the tree is in the ground.
Please call Monticello Parks, Arts & Recreation with any questions at 763-295-2711.