To provide effective Human Resource Management by developing and implementing policies, programs and services which contribute to the attainment of City and employee goals by:
- Properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the City.
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a safe and discrimination/harassment-free environment by maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations, providing management and employee training and developing policies and procedures.
- Providing training and development in areas of effective leadership and career development of employees, employment law and government regulation, and litigation avoidance.
- Hiring the most qualified employees by pre-planning staffing needs, ensuring an effective internal interview process, identifying the best and most cost effective recruitment sources.
- Retaining our valued employees by assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers, providing competitive wages and benefits, furnishing technical, interpersonal and career development training and coaching; conducting exit interviews and supplying relevant feedback to management, and enhancing two-way communication between employees and management.